Goaled: Value Investing Course
Welcome to our “Value Investing” course, where we dive into the timeless principles of value investing popularized by legendary investors like Warren Buffett. Are you ready to discover how to identify undervalued stocks and make informed investment decisions based on intrinsic value and financial analysis? Join us on this exciting journey as we explore the world of value investing and unlock the potential for long-term wealth creation. Join Goaled’s Share Market Classes in Mumbai on this journey and unlock the potential of sector-specific investing!
Our Value Investing Course is divided between 8 sessions of 2-hours that take place on weekends. We have chosen weekends as this is when most of our students are available. We also offer completely customizable 1-to-1 training sessions, both online and offline.
- Introduction to Value Investing: Understand the core principles and philosophy behind value investing and its relevance in today’s market.
- Fundamental Analysis: Learn how to analyze financial statements, evaluate key financial ratios, and assess a company’s intrinsic value.
- Identifying Undervalued Stocks: Discover techniques to spot undervalued stocks with growth potential in the market.
- Margin of Safety: Understand the concept of margin of safety and its role in minimizing investment risks.
- Value Investing Strategies: Explore different value investing strategies, including contrarian investing, dividend investing, and asset-based investing.
- Economic Moats: Learn how to identify and evaluate a company’s competitive advantage and economic moat.
- Financial Statement Analysis: Master the art of analyzing balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements to make informed investment decisions.
- Valuation Techniques: Dive into various valuation methods, such as discounted cash flow (DCF), price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, and price-to-book (P/B) ratio.
- Long-Term Investment Horizon: Understand the importance of having a long-term perspective when practicing value investing.
- Risk Management in Value Investing: Learn effective risk management techniques to protect your investment portfolio.
- Behavioral Biases and Value Investing: Explore the impact of cognitive biases on investment decisions and how to overcome them.
- Case Studies: Analyze real-world case studies of successful value investors and their investment strategies.
- Dividend Discount Model (DDM): Learn how to calculate the intrinsic value of a stock using the dividend discount model.
- Screening for Value Stocks: Discover tools and techniques to screen and filter stocks based on value investing criteria.
- Contrarian Investing: Uncover the art of going against the crowd and identifying opportunities in undervalued and out-of-favor stocks.
- Growth Investing vs. Value Investing: Understand the differences between growth investing and value investing and when to apply each approach.
- Investment Philosophies of Famous Value Investors: Explore the investment philosophies and strategies of renowned value investors like Benjamin Graham, Charlie Munger, and Seth Klarman.
- Warren Buffett’s Approach to Value Investing: Learn from the wisdom of Warren Buffett and his principles for successful value investing.
- Economic and Industry Analysis: Understand how economic factors and industry dynamics influence value investing decisions.
- Qualitative Factors in Value Investing: Explore the importance of qualitative factors such as management quality, brand value, and competitive positioning in value investing.
- Value Traps and How to Avoid Them: Identify common pitfalls in value investing and learn strategies to avoid value traps.
- Exit Strategies: Discover different exit strategies for value investing, including when to sell or hold onto undervalued stocks.
- Special Situations Investing: Learn about special situations like spin-offs, mergers, and acquisitions, and how they can present value investing opportunities.
- Financial Ratios for Value Investors: Dive deeper into key financial ratios used by value investors, such as price-to-sales (P/S) ratio and enterprise value-to-EBITDA (EV/EBITDA) ratio.
- Value Investing in Emerging Markets: Understand the unique considerations and challenges when applying value investing principles in emerging markets like India.
- Tax Efficiency in Value Investing: Explore strategies to optimize tax implications when implementing value investing strategies.
- Value Investing with Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs): Learn how to utilize value-focused ETFs as part of your investment portfolio.
- Behavioral Finance in Value Investing: Explore the psychological biases that affect value investing decisions and how to overcome them.
- Evaluating Management: Learn how to assess the quality of management teams when selecting value stocks.
- Value Investing in Dividend Stocks: Understand the role of dividend stocks in value investing and how to identify attractive dividend-paying companies.
- Contrarian Investing: Explore the concept of contrarian investing and how it aligns with value investing principles.
- Margin of Safety: Understand the importance of the margin of safety concept in value investing and how it mitigates risk.
- Value Investing in Small-Cap Stocks: Learn strategies for identifying undervalued opportunities in the small-cap segment of the market.
- Value Investing in Large-Cap Stocks: Discover how value investing principles can be applied to large-cap stocks to find hidden value.
- Deep Value Investing: Delve into the concept of deep value investing and its potential for significant returns.
- Turnaround Investing: Explore the strategy of investing in turnaround situations and how to identify potential turnaround candidates.
- Value Investing in Real Estate: Understand the application of value investing principles in the real estate sector.
- Investment Checklists: Learn how to create and use investment checklists to evaluate potential value investments.
- The Power of Compound Interest: Understand the long-term impact of compounding returns and how it contributes to value investing success.
- Value Investing Case Studies: Analyze real-life case studies of successful value investments and learn from their outcomes.
- Value Investing in Cyclical Industries: Discover strategies for navigating value investing opportunities in cyclical industries.
- Risk Management in Value Investing: Learn techniques to manage risk effectively while practicing value investing.
- Value Investing Tools and Resources: Explore various tools, software, and resources available to aid value investing analysis.
- Ethical Considerations in Value Investing: Understand the ethical aspects of value investing and the importance of investing in responsible companies.
- Value Investing in International Markets: Gain insights into value investing in global markets and diversify investment opportunities.
- Fundamental Analysis Techniques: Deepen your understanding of fundamental analysis methods used in value investing, such as discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis and relative valuation.
- Building a Value Investing Portfolio: Learn how to construct a well-diversified portfolio based on value investing principles.
- Market Timing and Value Investing: Understand the role of market timing in value investing and how to approach market cycles.
- Investor Psychology and Value Investing: Explore the psychological biases that can affect value investing decisions and strategies to overcome them.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement: Emphasize the importance of continuous learning, staying updated with market trends, and refining value investing skills.
These topics are designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of value investing, covering various aspects from fundamental analysis to risk management. The content is engaging, informative, and tailored to beginners in the Indian stock market, making it easy to grasp the concepts and apply them effectively.
Remember, value investing is a powerful strategy that can help you navigate the stock market and build long-term wealth. Enroll in our “Value Investing” course today and unlock the secrets of successful investing!
Value Investing Course
Our Other Stock Market Courses
Meet the Instructor
Hey! My name is Lalit Setpal and I am a SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) registered investment advisor here to help you meet your financial goals. My SEBI registration number is NISM-201800074073
Get in touch with me to know more about my courses!
Value investing is an investment approach that focuses on identifying undervalued stocks in the market. It involves analyzing a company’s intrinsic value, financial health, and market conditions to make long-term investment decisions.
Value investing differs from other strategies, such as growth investing, by emphasizing the importance of buying stocks at a discount to their intrinsic value. It seeks to capitalize on market inefficiencies and aims to generate returns through the eventual recognition of the stock’s true value.
Key principles of value investing include conducting thorough fundamental analysis, focusing on the margin of safety, having a long-term perspective, and being patient and disciplined in stock selection.
Identifying undervalued stocks involves analyzing a company’s financial statements, assessing its competitive position, evaluating its growth prospects, and comparing its valuation metrics to industry peers. It requires a combination of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Common valuation metrics used in value investing include price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price-to-book (P/B) ratio, and dividend yield. These metrics help assess a company’s valuation relative to its earnings, assets, and dividend payouts.
The margin of safety is a crucial concept in value investing. It represents the difference between the intrinsic value of a stock and its market price. A larger margin of safety provides a cushion against potential losses and enhances the likelihood of generating positive returns.
Value investing requires patience, discipline, and a long-term perspective. While it can be suitable for various investors, it may particularly appeal to those who are willing to devote time to fundamental analysis and have a preference for lower-risk investment approaches.
Yes, value investing can be applied to different market conditions. In fact, value investors often find opportunities during market downturns when stocks may become undervalued. However, it is important to adapt strategies based on market conditions and individual risk tolerance.
Yes, there are several successful value investing practitioners who have achieved notable success, such as Warren Buffett, Benjamin Graham, and Charlie Munger. Studying their investment philosophies and approaches can provide valuable insights.
Applying value investing principles requires a systematic approach to stock selection, a focus on long-term investing, and a commitment to ongoing research and analysis. Building a diversified portfolio of undervalued stocks based on thorough fundamental analysis is key.
Get in touch
Fill in the form or contact us on any of our contact methods listed below and we will get in touch with you ASAP.
Fill The form below
We will get back to you within 48 hours.